Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Tony Moly Skin Care Products: Appletox, Tomatox, Egg Pore Series

[Pic Heavy and Wordy! You've been warned! But its good, I promise.]


 Hello everyone! Hope all is well with you guys! Today I'm going to talk about some Tony Moly products I received a few weeks ago, and after using them for a bit, I am ready to give my opinion! This is pretty much my regime I do two or three times a week, depending on how badly I need it. The products are.....




Tony Moly Tomatox
Tony Moly Appletox Smooth Massage Peeling Cream
Tony Moly Blackhead Out Oil Gel
Tony Moly Tightening Pack
Tony Moly Appletox Honey Cream [Not Pictured}
Tony Moly Broccoli Sprout Cleansing Cream [Which I did not actually use, will be a review for another day]

I'm always on the quest for new facial cleansers and masks and the sort, especially if they help with pores, as mine are quite outrageous, hahaha. I've been eyeballing Tony Moly for awhile now, and decided to go for the plunge and purchase them all to try out. Its been a mix of awesome and meh, as I'll tell you guys about. 

First, before pictures. In order to get ready for this, I pretty much skipped out on doing my regular regime of facial scrubs and the likes, using only light make up removers and the like, just so you can see how well the products work. Be warned, dry skin and blackheads and the like are up ahead. 

Before:



Excuse the very unflattering angles of my nose, I swear its not *THAT* big, lol. But as you can see, I suffer from large pores, blackheads, whiteheads, dry skin, oily skin and all of that if I don't take care of my skin. I go through quite a lot to keep this under control, haha. 

so the first thing I use is Tony Moly Blackhead Out Oil Gel


 So cute!
 Instructions in Korean
 The directions and ingredients in English






 As you can see, the product isn't in the entire egg, but just the lower half, 30ml of product in the egg. Also, after you are done, you can pop open the top of the egg, opening it up to use a pot for a plant, or, if you want, pen case, make up brush case, any sort of holder really. :D
 lid to keep the product from spilling out

 its gel like in texture, with small beads in it that helps exfoliate the skin and let out the junk in the pores. It has a pleasant smell to me, like citrus




when you apply, you are supposed to massage onto the problem areas for 3-5 minutes, but I'm pretty impatient and can only last about 2, maybe 3 minutes. After about 30 seconds or so, you can feel it begin to warm up some, but not in an unbearable way,and you can feel as the beads gently exfoliate your skin, it'll also begin to turn from clear to foamy, or white color. According to the packaging, this is because its sucking up all the extra skin and oil and junk. 

 Once the time is up, you then rinse off with lukewarm water, and as you can see, the stuff got pretty white,ha ha.





As you can see, it cleaned up my pores pretty well, though not completely (if I could last the 5 minutes, I'm sure my results would be way better) Also, my skin feels a lot softer, and no more dry, flaky skin! :D

Next, I follow it with Tony Moly Appletox Smooth Massage Peeling Cream


 It has the scent of a fresh apple, you could almost taste it in your mouth! No 'producty' smell at all.

 it has a lid as well, it just decided to stick to the top of the container, but it keeps it from spilling out of the apple and keeping contaminants out.
 excuse the derp face, but when you first apply it, its smooth and cool, like a light moisturizer, not too thick, or heavy or anything.
 after you massage it, you'll notice it'll start getting thing, a little tough to work with, but keep on massaging! (recommends 1-2 minutes


 Hard to tell, but those are little clumps of dead skin and the like that starts coming off. After the massage, you leave it on for about 30 seconds, then rinse with lukewarm water.

 wiped off a small section, and you can see how much more smoother and clearer my skin looks compared to the rest where the skin is still hanging in there


 more pictures of the little flakes and clumps
 random hair, oh my
 (Ignore the unibrow creeping up, been a bit preoccupied.]
My skin feels a lot smoother, and looks brighter, and clearer, doesn't feel sticky or dry. My sister thinks the 'clumps' are just the product itself rubbing together, making you think its pulling dead skin off, but, one time I did a facial scrub before the peeling cream, and there was nowhere near the amount of clumps, hardly any, really. Plus, it burned, even this burned just a little bit around the area I did the Blackhead oil at. So to me, this stuff works! Now, onto the next product!

Tony Moly Tomatox


It is a whitening cream, and to me, smells a bit like cucumber and tomato. Very fresh, almost like someone prepped you a salad of only the freshest veggies around, The consistency is a little thick, a little bit gritty, kinda reminds me of a really soft, white clay.






Writing on the inner lid, unfortunately I don't know what it says @.@







 protective lid and spoon to scoop out the product, so you don't have to dip your fingers in there. Very Hygienic.

 almost like cool whip!

You apply the product over your entire face, keeping clear of the eye area, including your eyebrow but I smothered them anyhow. Leave on for 15 minutes, There is a bit of a tingle going on, an irritation that burns just a little bit, but nothing too bad. This is something i notice whether I used a scrub or not prior to the mask.

 yo





Hard to tell in these pics, but I remember the first time I used this, I was very shocked at how much
whiter my skin was, for a second I thought I had forgotten some product on my skin but nope! I was that white, but after a few minutes a little color came back in so I didn't look so ghostly, but my skin was definitely whiter, and brighter, than it was before. Since I'm already pretty pale, I did a spot on my arm, which is a lot tanner, to show you how much of a change it does!

Before
 with the cream, 15 minute left on
 after








the area circled, sorry but my camera just would not truly focus on it for some reason, but as you can see, its definitely a few shades lighter than the rest of my arm!

After this, I use the Tony Moly Egg Pore Tightening Pack







 Cute little bird <3


 As the blackhead out oil gel, the product is only contained in the lower half, with a protective lid covering it.




 The product is brown, but almost disappears into the skin tone when you apply it, I waited about 5 minutes before washing this off.






As you can see, there really isn't too much of a 'pore tightener' effect. I can see that they aren't AS big as before, but they are still visible, though the skin is a lot smoother. I probably won't be buying this again, and instead stick with my Lioele Tightening Mask. Now that is a pore sealer! But this is okay as a daily use before make up. A bit disappointing, but it isn't a huge let down. 

After this, I then use Tony Moly Appletox Honey Cream to restore some moisture back into my skin, leaving it supple feeling and soft, it's not too overly greasy or oily on the skin, which I like because mine tends to do that quite easily if I use something too heavy. The Appletox Honey Cream smells even more like a just bit into apple then the smoothing cream does. Man, it smells delicious!



 protective lid and spatula to scoop the product with



Well, I hope you guys enjoyed the read and gained something from it, thank you if you stuck around this long! I know it was a lot, but I very much appreciate it :3 Most of these products I purchased from roseroseshop.com, which is based in Korea, thus you are getting your items straight from the source, and at very affordable prices. Hope you guys enjoyed the review and the mini-regime that I do!

 <3 Anza

5 comments:

  1. Hey! I wanted to thank you for writing this detailed post. It's rare for anyone to have all of these it was really cool to see them used in conjunction. Tony Moly's products are so cute I think I'll add them to my wish list. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Im glad you took the time to read it all, thank you very much! I agree that Tony Moly products are indeed very cute! A lot of the time its the packaging that I buy it lol, but Tony Moly products are also really good, plus really affordable! I would def recommend them :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have pale skin, but I'm prone to redness and uneven complexion when Imy without foundation. It looked like the tomato stuff had quite an effect...do you think it would help with redness/blotchy skin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have pale skin, but I'm prone to redness and uneven complexion when Imy without foundation. It looked like the tomato stuff had quite an effect...do you think it would help with redness/blotchy skin?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It spreads evenly and absorbs just fine, not sticky at all. this contact form

    ReplyDelete