Monday, April 1, 2013

Etude House Sweet Recipe Cupcake Eyes

Hello Everyone, I hope you guys are doing fine. Today I'm going to be doing a review about the new Etude House Sweet Recipe Cupcake eyes, These baked eye shadows are pretty adorable.








Sweet Recipe Cupcake Eyes come in 5 tins, each with two colors each, complimenting each other, but you can mix them up with each other if you like, I do with the browns, or the pinks and peaches :3, They come in: 
PK001 - Sweet Berry Lemon Mousse
OR201 - Fresh Mango Tango
BR401 - Chocochip Sweet Mint
PP501 - Blueberry & Strawberry
BR402 - Sugar Maple Syrup Choco

The Colors apply smooth, but are pretty sheer, even if you do build them up with a couple of swipes, and I found using a primer/concealer, or as I do sometimes, using the white cream from Kryolan as a base, was the best at getting the colors to show up brightly. They also contain a bit of shimmer, with some shades containing a bit of glitter in them, mostly the Mango Tango had the glitter, compared to the rest. They also don't have much of a staying power without a primer of some sort underneath. Found this out by accident when it took one swipe of the hand to completely remove it from my skin :(  So, definitely make sure to use some sort of eye shadow primer before hand to set them in. I also heard the line was supposed to smell pretty good, and unable to resist, I sniffed them all, and... it was pretty bad. Lol, so don't do that. Anyhow, those are my thoughts on the shadows, now here are some pictures and swatches of the product :3 Enjoy!




 I love the lids to these things! They are all contained in a tin container. Top Row L - R: Sugar Maple Syrup Choco, Chocochip Sweet Mint, Sweet Berry Lemon Mousse, Bottom Row L - R: Strawberry and Blueberry, Fresh Mango Tango
 Fresh Mango Tango



 Blueberry & Strawberry

Chocochip Sweet Mint


 Sweet Berry Lemon Mousse


Sugar Maple Syrup Choco



 W/O Flash                                      With Flash

Swatches with and without Flash, taken with my camera and with my phone to try to best get the color out. 
From Left to Right: Fresh Mango Tango, Blueberry & Strawberry, Chocochip Sweet Mint, Sugar Maple Syrup Choco, Sweet Berry Lemon Mousse.





Well, I hope you guys liked my review and gained something from it, until next time guys! *hugs*

<3 Anza

7 comments:

  1. Great review and thanks for the swatches!
    Before i couldnt decide whether to get Chocochip Sweet Mint or Sugar Maple Syrup Choco and now after reading this i want the Sugar Maple Syrup Choco :)

    http://sserinp.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love the Sugar Maple Syrup as well, and Sweet Berry Lemon Mousse. These are definitely good shadows for that soft, sweet color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it glittering in ur skin? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, some of the colors had quite a bit of shimmer to them, and the others just a little! But its not too much, a good amount :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, some of the colors had quite a bit of shimmer to them, and the others just a little! But its not too much, a good amount :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. did u order this in a set? and if u did can I have the link please? I found a link but I don't know if it gets you all the eyeshadows. http://www.amazon.com/Etude-House-Sweet-Recipe-Cupcake/dp/B00EBZE2G8/ref=sr_1_16?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1384919065&sr=1-16&keywords=etude+house+sweet+recipe+cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just ordered the Chocochip Sweet Mint, the only one featured online from my drugstore. Nice to have the name & more pictures. I want the Maple Syrup one, they are all very cute.

    ReplyDelete