Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Etude House Etoinette Collection Part 1 *Pic Heavy* *Word Heavy*

Hello friends!

Hope all is well with you!

Here's part 1 of my review of the super nice Etude House Etoinette Collection. This will mainly just be about the brushes, make up pouch, the site I bought from etc, as I still want to play around with the actual lipsticks and brushes before I do a real and true review on them. But I can say the blushes and highlighter are ultra shimmery and the lipsticks are so soft! Smooth! Creamy! But, more on that later.

On to my review!



Now, as I said in my previous post, the collection was purchased from KollectionK, a site based in Seoul, South Korea, which is a major plus to me, as it guarantees authentic products, and also, the prices aren't marked up! Searching around the site, for their cosmetics, it is generally on the cheaper side, IE, one product I've been eying for quite some time, ended up being almost ten dollars cheaper on this site, then everywhere else I've looked. Their cosmetics are limited though, their stronger side being CDs and K-Pop paraphernalia, and pretty nice stuff at that. The only downside I would say, is the shipping, as it goes by weight, so if you are just ordering a few things, its ok, but the more you order, the pricier it gets. The shipping time was fast though, my order was placed on the 30th of November, shipped on the 4th of December, and was received today on the 18th. Though it had actually arrived on saturday, 4 days ago, but sat at the postal office for those days for some reason before it was brought to me. Not too bad, with my experiences of ordering from over seas.


My Package

Nicely packaged, had a few dents in it but nothing major :3



 Everything was very securely wrapped! With both bubble wrap, and packing peanuts!

Came with plenty of samples from Etude House: Collagen Moistfull Skin Care Kit [been excited to try this one out!], Facial Mask, cotton swipes, couple of samples from Nature Republic, and these cute Etude House Post it notes!









 Love these post its!


Now the products!


Each, and I mean each, item was individually wrapped in 2 layers of bubble wrap, plus the packing peanuts! I love it, sometimes when I order lots of make up, a lot of times the items are just thrown in/ crunched into the box with little to no care, or just a sprinkling of packing peanuts. I really liked the care they put into protecting my packages.

Now for the first item!

Etude House Etoinette Princess Hair Comb and Princess Mirror













To be honest... I'm not quite sure what I was expecting with this comb, but not this lol. It's really really small, like for a doll, but I've had fun sticking it in the base of my ponytail, so I may turn this into a little accessory.  I got it for less than two dollars from KollectionK, while other sites are selling it, I've seen, for 7.50 and up. Please please please, don't spend that much on it if you do decide to get it! The price I paid was worth it, to me at least. It really is cute though


 Front cover of the compact
 Back of the Compact

  The inside



I love this compact! It has a good weight in the hands, its not too light that it feels insubstantial, but its not incredibly heavy, I don't feel like I'm going to break it. It's also a good size as well, it isn't too huge, and not too small, I feel like the mirror is the perfect size for me to be able to check on make up when I'm outside of home without having to only take in small parts of my face at a time. I just love the etching on the back as well!

Etude House Brush Collection









Love the sheer lace on the outer pouch.





 All 3 carry the same design on the handle




I really love the lace that decorates the covering of the brush holder and make up pouch, they also don't 'float' off of them, which I was kinda worried about and poked and pulled quite a few times to see if it would happen. Also, the brushes, a fan brush, blush brush and lip brush, are quite lovely, the bristles are really soft, not too stiff, but pliable, though the fan brush is probably the thickest I've ever seen, my sister had no clue what it was for a moment until I told her, haha. Also, they are heavy! Once again, it doesn't feel insubstantial , or like they might fall apart or anything, but like they have real substance.  The only thing I will probably not be using the lip brush, as it made of some dense, spongy type material I'm not really familiar with, and also I've just never used a lip brush before.

Etude House Etoinette Princess Pouch











 The Makeup Pouch cover is made of the same material as the brush holder, while the bottom is a metallic rose-gold, a very nice color thats a bit hard to capture with my camera. Its not too large, it would be good to hold your powder compact, some gloss, liner, and lipstick for on the go, but not much more. 

Etude House Etoinette Bubble Bath Bars








 Each one of these is supposed to have a different scent and effect:

1. Romantic Heart Bar 
    Containing Rose and Hyarulonic Acid extract
2. Fresh Heart Bar
    Containing Lavender and Green tea extract
3. Sweet Heart Bar
    Containing Pomegranate and Collagen extract
^From KollectionK's description of it, as this was the only one from the collection that did not have english directions/description of them on the packaging. I'm not sure if I'll ever use these, they smell so good and I don't want to waste them for good, since it is a limited item, but I may end up taking a little piece of to try them out anyways. They are about the size of my palm, pretty sizable!
 While I was putting them back into the bag, it ripped! ToT!!!! I was too rough, oh no!

 Etude House Lovely Candle Set










I could smell these candles before I even open the box! They have a pretty strong smell of  Rose perfume that could be a little over powering for some, but I found once I let it sit outside of that box for awhile, it subsided a good bit, so it may have just been because it had been contained for so long and built up. I really like the design work on the glass holders. 

Etude House Etoinette Rose Brush









This Rose Brush is pretty adorable, though I had assumed it was going to be a little bigger than what it is, but I'm not complaining. The bristles on this brush isn't as soft as the ones on the makeup brushes, and are a little more stiffer, but I feel this will work perfectly with the blushes and highlighter from this collection, which I will explain why in my later review of the blushes. It also has a pretty decent weight in the hand as well, not too light nor heavy. Which I really like about a lot of my tools, [brushes, bags, clippers for work etc etc] because it feels like I'm holding something decent in my hand, and not something flimsy and shoddily made, if that makes any sense. 

Overall, excluding the princess comb, I'm quite happy with all these products, as usually I find sometimes, with these limited edition collections, sometimes the products really aren't up to par, or feel/look cheaply made. But all these tools really are well put together in my opinion, and can't wait to put them to work. And with that, this the end of my review part 1 for the Etude House Etoinette Collection today, and will get the next part out in the next few days. 

If you stayed all the way until the end, thank you! Any comments and questions are welcome, and come back for the next one!


<3 Anza













No comments:

Post a Comment